Please know that we ask the following questions because we love children and our volunteers. It saddens us to know that the current statistics for child abuse are so high (1 in 3 girls and 1 in 6 boys have been abused).
Please list three character references who know you well and that we may contact. One should be a relative and the other two can be long-time friends, bosses, co-workers, others who know you well. Please do not list Grace pastors as references. Let the references listed know to expect us to contact them. If they don’t respond to our calls/texts/emails within two weeks, we will ask you to help us get responses.
Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
1. I desire to model Christ-likeness in all my behavior, especially as I serve in ministry to youth and children at Grace Community Church. I aim to demonstrate my love for the Lord Jesus, my gratitude for His grace and forgiveness, and testify to the power of the Holy Spirit working in my life.
2. I desire to demonstrate respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, and maturity.
3. I will treat children of all races, religions, and cultures with respect and consideration.
4. I will not abuse children / youth, in any way, including but not limited to:
1. Physical abuse (e.g. strike, shake, slap)
2. Verbal / Mental abuse (e.g. humiliate, degrade, threaten)
3. Sexual abuse (e.g. inappropriate touch, or exposure)
5. I will not possess or use illegal drugs. I will not possess or use alcohol or tobacco in the context of ministry.
6. I will not use or tolerate profanity in the presence of children.
7. I understand that any violation of this Code may be grounds for dismissal, discipline, or other action by the Church.
8. I agree to model Christ-likeness by dressing modestly while serving the children.
I recognize that, as a condition to my service, any references may be contacted, a background check will be made and a criminal history check will be conducted, and I willingly consent to all such checks. I further authorize my references to give you any information they may have regarding my character and fitness for working with children and / or youth. I release Grace Community Church and all such references from any and all liability for any damage that may result from furnishing such evaluations to you, and I waive any right that I have to inspect references provided on my behalf.
I understand that if I have questions about this Code of Ethics, any church policies, or any aspect of my service with Grace Community Church, I will contact Margaret Beheler, Minister of Women & Children, for clarification and guidance.
We believe that there is one Living and True God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory: and that this triune God created all, upholds all and governs all.
We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God, fully inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice.
We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teaching, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and His eventual personal and visible return to earth. We believe that in His first coming Jesus inaugurated the fulfillment of the Kingdom of God.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the biblical gifts of the Spirit.
We believe that all men are sinners by nature and choice, and are therefore, under condemnation; and that God regenerates and baptizes by the Holy Spirit those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
We believe in the universal Church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: Baptism and the Lord's Supper. We believe in water baptism and communion open to all believers.
We believe also in the laying on of hands for the empowering of the Holy Spirit, for ordination of pastors, elders and deacons, for receiving gifts of the Spirit and for healing.
We believe in the personal and visible return of Jesus Christ and the consummation of His Kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.
We believe in what is termed The Apostle's Creed as embodying fundamental facts of the Christian faith, and we endorse the historic orthodox creeds of the Church. We believe these truths demand a personal response which can result in a transformed life.